Which of my skills will help you succeed with your next project?:
Writing- 40+ years writing materials for a variety of industries. Projects have included user/operator/service manuals, brochures, websites, sell sheets, ad copy, training books, and everything in between, for any use including marketing, sales, training, and education. Commercial photographer- with extensive experience across many products and industries; someone who simply enjoys photography and is good at it. Ad agency/project management expertise- 20 years experience running the technical ad agency I founded. Always had plan A, plusplans B and C, just in case.
A perfect on-time project delivery record, despite often ridiculous schedule requirements, over thousands of projects.
Graphic design and production- expansive experience in all media - print, signage, web, interactive, and video. Software "guru"- Sustained, in-depth experience in leading-edge software, often from Version 1.0 to present, for image editing/restoration, illustration, video editing, motion graphics, special effects, layout design, digital painting, 3D modeling... Guitarist/musician- Hooked on blues and classic rock, someone who knows his way around a practice room, stage, and sound editing software. Can blow stuff up!- Experience as a licensed professional fireworks display operator. I design and shoot custom fireworks displays for any event or occassion. And I teach fireworks making...
Designing and building workable solutions to challenging problems. Making the difficult look easy; taking the technical to the creative; moving inspiration to reality.
To date, I have built up in-depth experience in a skillset that spans a wide variety of areas, including
- writing, especially about highly technical subjects
- graphic design and production
- photography and digital image editing
- marketing, advertising, and promotion
- electronics and technology
- computers and many types of software
- music, guitar and piano
- founding and running an ad agency
- blowing stuff up - professional fireworks displays and fireworks making workshops and seminars
Part of what has enabled that skillset is
- I "suffer" from being a tech geek and (somewhat) artistic as well
- I was a language major before getting a BS in Electrical Engineering
- I can see the big picture, but won't/can't forget about the details
- I know which end of a hammer to hold
- I have never committed to a project I didn't know how to accomplish - not to say that
I didn't have to crash-learn a related skill, under deadline, during project execution...
The remainder of this website will provide the "meat" to back up these claims.